By HRH Princess Tatiana from the “A Taste of Greece” Cookbook
Serves: 2-3 pancakes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and grated
- ó apple, coarsely chopped
- 2 egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- Handful currants (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds or almond flour (optional)
- ó tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Navarino Icons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Navarino Icons Pure Greek Honey
- Tahini (lots of it)
Combine the sweet potato and apple in a bowl. Add the egg whites (or use whole eggs if you prefer to make more of a sweet potato scramble), currants (if using), flax seeds (if using), cinnamon, and salt. Beat everything together with a fork.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Form the mixture into 2 or 3 round patties and place them in the skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown, flip, and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Top with a generous serving of tahini, Navarino Icons Greek Pure Honey, and cinnamon.