By renowned chef Maria Elia
- Make 4 espresso cup size
- 60ml milk
- 300ml double cream
- 15g caster sugar
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped of seeds
- 60g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 ¼ /2gm leaves of gelatine
- 16 Navarino Icons extra virgin olive oil Biscuits, crushed to a soil like texture
- 12 Navarino Icons Olive Spoon Sweets, cut lengthways into quarters
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Rosemary flowers to garnish
- Navarino Icons Organic Grapemust (Petimezi) to drizzle
- 4 scoops bitter chocolate ice cream/frozen yoghurt
For the panna cotta:
Warm the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Meanwhile soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water.
Remove hot cream mix from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring to dissolve. Squeeze the gelatine of water and add to the chocolate mix, pour through a fine sieve into a jug then divide evenly between the four cups. Leave to cool then refrigerate for 3 hours to set.
Fill a small bowl with boiling water, dip the cups one at a time for just a second into the water – no longer or the mixture will melt too much. Invert the moulds onto a plate to serve-at a 3 o-clock position! Sprinkle a teaspoon of the biscuits above each one. Spoon the remaining biscuits to the left of the panna cotta to form a 5cm curve on each plate. Top each evenly with the olive spoon sweets, flaked almonds and rosemary flowers to garnish. Place a ball of ice cream on the biscuit base above the panna cotta and drizzle with a little petimezi and serve.